OK, they were fancy flip flops. If you know me at all, then you know I will wither and die if forced to wear any shoe but a flip flop. Thankfully my girl Laura didn't force that scene on me in order to be a bridesmaid in her wedding!

You may recognize Laura and Jesus from here, here or here. They have been all up and down this blog, which is understandable because Laura is one of my very closest friends and she is, or was, engaged and is now married.

Being a wedding photographer she got the full treatment from me. I was there, diguised as a man and hiding uner a giant beach umbrella (in the rain, mind you) to take pictures on the day she got engaged, I did their engagement shoot, and of course even though I was a bridesmaid I took as many photos as I could of the wedding day!

Laura, you are such an incredibly beautiful, kind, compassionate, and loving person. I would not be who I am if it were not for your friendship these last 10 (!!!) years. I am so incredibly thankful that God has blessed you with a husband who brings out the best in you, makes you feel safe, loved and happier than I have ever seen you.





















I love that you can see mom watching her daughters prepare for the wedding day through the mirror.



































This is my favorite photo. After I took it, I just had to stop and go give her a hug because she looked so dang beautiful on her wedding day!








Katie, that Maid of Honor, signing the Marriage License.

Contact me at nicoracle@gmail.com Check out my portfolio.

6 comments

  1. Renee on January 6, 2010 at 6:27 AM

    Soo beautiful! Laura looks beautiful, and so is the photography. I am so impressed with your skills Nicole! I wish I could re-do my engagement, wedding, and baby time periods so you could be there to capture them all with your amazing photos!

     
  2. Erin on January 8, 2010 at 1:52 PM

    Love all the ring shots!!!

     
  3. vickie on January 8, 2010 at 5:55 PM

    I absolutely love the detail shots!

     
  4. Sara on January 9, 2010 at 8:05 AM

    Gorgeous shots! The bride does look so beautiful! I love how you took so many different angles and details on the dress.

     
  5. alyson on January 10, 2010 at 1:51 PM

    The dress in the trees is gorgeous.

     
  6. Jeremiah Klein on January 12, 2010 at 8:30 AM

    You got the creative juices flowing. Nice work.