They finally did it! Laura and Jesus are engaged! Believe me, this has been a long time coming. Like 8 years coming! And finally the day came when Jesus asked Laura to be his wife and she responded with an exuberant and definite YES! Lucky for me I got to be there to document the whole thing... well, sort of!

Everything had been planned. I took the day off work and set up an elaborate camouflage rig that would allow me to snap away during the special moment. I waited on the beach on Coronado Island for Jesus' text that he was on the beach. The text came... they were at lifeguard stand 2. I waited for them to come strolling down the beach where Jesus would stop perfectly in front of my waiting camera, get on one knee and pledge his commitment to Laura, asking the same from her.

I waited. And waited. I took pictures of the horizon and zoomed in on all of the people, looking for familiar faces, but still- no Jesus and Laura. I waited some more.

About 10 minutes later my phone rang. My hello was greeted by laughter and giddiness- I could come out now and celebrate with them! The only problem was that I missed the whole thing! Apparently when Jesus told me he was at lifeguard stand 2 he expected me to come to them, all the while I was expecting them to come to me! Argh!

We met up and they reenacted the whole thing for me, even down to her throwing a handful of sand at him before saying yes! Here are the photos of Jesus asking Laura to be his wife... for the second time!





























5 comments

  1. Unknown on June 21, 2009 at 6:52 AM

    The pictures turned out beautiful, and your story had me cracking up!

     
  2. Paul on June 21, 2009 at 7:10 PM

    These pictures are great Nicole! Perfect day for pictures the lighting is awesome!

     
  3. Jessica Fletcher-Fierro on June 21, 2009 at 7:25 PM

    Aweosme! I love the jumping one!

     
  4. Nicole on June 23, 2009 at 11:23 PM

    What an awesome moment to capture! Love the jump shot..seems fitting! I also came across your smugmug....I just signed up yesterday and haven't had the time to play around. How do you like it so far?

     
  5. fishwithajacket on June 26, 2009 at 12:22 AM

    You are the bestest friend ever! I can't thank you enough for taking our pictures... they are priceless, you caught us in our moment of true surprise and joy. Thank you, thank you, thank you!