Surprise!  I am unemployed!

As of last Thursday I joined the thousands of people in the unemployment line and took my place as the latest to be given the slip... the pink slip (I should warn you now that when I am nervous I start to talk and write in silly rhymes and cheesy analogies).

Being laid off is devastating, and I know that there are some of you reading right now who are in the same position as me.  It's scary, it's hard and for me at least it test's my faith.  Or at least it should be.

If I am really honest with myself, I am kind of excited.  I had always envisioned how God may move me from full time medical researcher to full time photographer and "being laid off" was first on the list.  Now I can focus so much more time on meeting other photographers, second shooting, blogging, editing, and working on my brand.  I am incredibly excited to see what God is going to do with this time.

With that said, I am hitting the marketing hard.  If you hear the words:

engaged
honeymoon
wedding
baby
pregnant

Pretty please, immediately say:

http://www.nicoraclephototgraphy.blogspot.com/

If you are a photographer, wedding coordinator, or other wedding professional I would love to meet you- first of all to thank you for reading my blog, and secondly to see what I can do as a photographer to make your job easier.

Thank you to all of my clients from 2009 and and my friends and family who have supported me and fostered this photography dream of mine.  I hope to make you proud in 2010.

Most of all, I'm glad that I don't have to see this sad face through the porch rail every morning as I left for work!

3 comments

  1. Paul on January 10, 2010 at 8:44 PM

    No more sad faces! Nicole you are so talented in your photography. You are original were too many "photographers" are trendy or very textbook. You have an eye for light, color, detail and to know that you need to do very little editing to your photos proves it. I know God some amazing things in store for you. You are a gift to so many and I cannot wait to see what this next chapter in life has for you. Stay strong and know you are the best! God bless you,
    Paul

     
  2. Nicole on January 10, 2010 at 8:50 PM

    How exciting and scary! But definitely more exciting!! I can't wait to see what you are able to do! I wish you the best, please let me know if you need anything.

     
  3. Dona on January 10, 2010 at 10:03 PM

    love that shot of the pickle... he looks so handsome! praying for you and love you