I've missed you... whats new?  It feels like forever since I have posted anything new which is so sad because I have lots to share!  I am still adjusting to the new job and the probability of moving (again) looms in the not too distant future.

I have a possible opportunity to rent my very own 1 bedroom, all for me and Davey Pickle!  The apartment is big and close to the beach and right in my neighborhood... but it is about $400 a month more than what I am paying now.  With the new job I think I could swing it, but giving away so much money every month in rent makes me nervous.  I'd rather save all that extra cash for my new car or in case I get laid off again.

On the other hand, I am tired of living with random Craigslist roommates.  I always get along with my roommates, but the fact is that it is difficult to share a living space with someone.  One person always feels like it is "their apartment" and the other is left feeling akward walking in their own front door.  Dishes are left in the sink, or one person takes over all of the shelves in the fridge.  And then once you settle in to a routine and are finally feeling good about the living situation your roommate gets married or takes a job in another city.  Nothing is ever stable or settled.

Living alone sounds like a great adventure!  I would be able to take pride in being responsible for myself, I would be able to feel safe and settled without worrying that anyone is going to bail on me, and the most exciting part... I would be able to decorate!

So... what do you think?  Is the savings benefit of sharing an apartment with a roommate worth the hassle?  Do any of you live alone?  Which do you prefer?  Have any horrible roommate stories?  Leave a comment and share your thoughts!

Also... I just found out that the wonderful Jesslabelle Avelar is using some of my photos on her etsy page!  She is super talented and makes awesome retro hairpieces!  Check out her work here.  She was also featured on the Craft Candy Blog and they used one of my photos too!  (Although they didn't give me photo cred... but still- you and I know!)

Since posts are always better with a photo, here is one of my aunt and uncle from our latest day trip.  I hope I am having this much fun after 20+ yearsof marriage!

5 comments

  1. Nicole Glenn on April 29, 2010 at 12:21 PM

    I really like not having roommates. I have Art of course, but all the things you mentioned don't matter! I don't miss worrying about refrigerator space or having friends over, and decorating is always fun! If you can swing it, I say go for it! Hope to see you soon! xoxo

     
  2. Anonymous on April 29, 2010 at 3:12 PM

    Go for it! Who wants to worry about roommates bailing, being psycho or getting married? With your own place you stay put and the extra costs in rent are way worth the peace of mind. "You can do it!"

     
  3. Renee on April 29, 2010 at 7:54 PM

    You know my thoughts....live by yourself!! I loved living alone before I was married, I wouldn't trade it for anything. You will not regret it, and I think now is the time to do it. We will talk Saturday. PS I do not like that picture of Paul and Me. I look HORRIBLE!! You know I love your pictures, but not of me!!

     
  4. Child of Wonder on April 29, 2010 at 8:50 PM

    be free, betch

     
  5. Brianna Phelan on May 10, 2010 at 5:48 PM

    I'm not sure if you've made the decision yet or not, but not having roommates is priceless. Until you live alone you won't realize how much roommates suck. Don't get me wrong, I had them in University and sometimes loved it. But pure, total privacy is 100% worth the extra money. Good luck with your decision!