This last weekend my friend, Jen, and I decided to celebrate Valentine's Day together.  We are both single, so on the most romantic day of the year a "girls day" seemed in order :)

I love hanging out with Jen because she is spontaneous and up for anything, like me, so we always have fun no matter what we are doing.  We started the day by heading up to Big Bear to check out the snow.





There were people everywhere sledding, but we didn't have a sled so we used a plastic windshield shade- worked like a charm :)





Nothing comes between us and fun!



There was a stray sled on the hill so Jen took it for a whirl only to have a shy and embarrassed little girl come up and tell her the sled belonged to her. The poor thing probably thought we were stealing it!

Next we had a little mini photo shoot (you might have guessed this was my idea :)



Jen knows how to work the camera!













Doesn't she have the most beautiful baby blues??



Jen even got me in front of the camera which is a rarity because for a s comfortable as I am behind the camera I'm equally uncomfortable in front of it. All you camera shy people... I feel your pain!



Next stop? Playing in the snow, of course!













We even ran into this goat named Daisy. It was ironic because on the way to Big Bear I told Jen about my pet goat that I had in high school.

I knew people who were in 4-H and I would go to the farm with them often to care for their livestock. I fell in love with a 4-H goat and named him Siquio. If you are not familiar with 4-H they raise animals for market, so my beloved Siquio was destined for someone's dinner table and I wouldn't stand for that.

When the time came for him to be auctioned off I tracked down the owner and bought him. I had no idea what I was going to do with a goat in Orange County, CA so I arranged for a petting zoo to house him. They said they would for a year and then sell him for market, so I figured I at least got him a year and that was better than nothing.

I was visiting him one day and saw that he was being bullied by the other goats. He had crawled into his food bowl and was curled up looking rediculously adorable. Everyone would come look at him because he was so cute sitting on his food and I overheard a couple saying that they wanted a goat so I told them he was mine and I'd give him to them because I just didn't want him to die. They accepted and moved him to their ranch in Diamond Bar. They also re-named him Lucky since his life was saved twice, once by me and once by them.

Ever since then I have had a special spot in my heart for goats... and for the restaraunt on the way to Big Bear named Siquio's (which is why Jen and I started talking about goats in the first place).

We rounded out the day by playing Scrabble and listening to her awesome slide guitar skills.  It ended up being one of my favorite Valentine's Days in a long time!  What's better than a little adventure with a good friend?

4 comments

  1. Renee on February 19, 2010 at 3:34 PM

    LOVE the pictures and the stories of your adventure! It looks like you had a great time!

     
  2. Melissa De Mers on February 19, 2010 at 4:27 PM

    i loved the pics nicole, great job! :)

     
  3. Child of Wonder on February 20, 2010 at 2:13 PM

    fantastic! i love the one of you w/ a big smile throwing snow. you look sooo happy! =D

     
  4. Charleen Pestana on February 21, 2010 at 9:14 AM

    I love love love your new blog, Cole!! You're sooooooo amazing! The pics of you and Jen are so great. Looks like you had a ton of fun. I love the one Jen took of you too! You look so GREAT!! Keep up the EXCELLENT work, you creative genius. :)