By the time you finish reading this you will know just how much of a dork I am.  I am talking big time, professional dork here, people.  And I'm proud of it.  I am vowing right here right now to never take myself too seriously and not be ashamed of a good thing. 

If you know me well, then you know that Friday night is no longer "Friday night" for me.  It is Karaoke night!  A few years ago my aunt and uncle got a Karaoke machine.  Of course, everyone groaned at first sight, but it has turned out to be the catalyst that gave me a close relationship with them.

We brought it out and had fun laughing at each other and coming up with fun ways to make it even more interesting (animal sounds karaoke anyone)?  I told you I was a dork.  But it became a weekly event to hang out and unwind from the work week by singing some songs and just talking about what went on that week in each of our lives.  We've even incorporated new events, like a dance-off, into Karaoke night but no matter what we do it's always fun and looked forward to after a long week of work.

I took a few cool pictures last week of us playing around with these light sticks that my aunt got for Valentine's Day.  I should tell you that she has always been a great decorator and goes all out for holidays, which you can see in the photos.



Even though these photos are blurry I think they're cute!


3 comments

  1. Renee on February 16, 2010 at 6:03 PM

    I love the pictures, they turned out great! I want some of me when I have my make up on, and dressed normal. I love what you wrote also!

     
  2. Jessica Fletcher-Fierro on February 16, 2010 at 8:51 PM

    The star one is super cool!

     
  3. Nicole Glenn on February 18, 2010 at 7:39 PM

    Love the heart and the star! May need to take those skills outside and do some light writing!