So, I thought I was over my sickness, but last week it came back with a vengeance! I have been spending every moment of rest I can huddled into bed, trying to get over this very annoying cough/ sore throat/ dry chest thing I have come down with. Unfortunately that means I have been a bit absent from the blog- believe me it kills me because I have so much great stuff to share with you!

Before I turn in for the night (OK, I know it's 7:30 but I'm sick people!) I wanted to post a quick 5 Things I Love since I missed it last week. I am dedicating this to all of my favorite sicky essentials since that is what has been filling my mind lately. Seriously, I fell asleep with a bottle of Nyquil in my hand the other night. Pa-the-tic!

1. The Humidifier- I mentioned this one before, not that long ago, but my humidifier has been such a good friend to me over the last 2 weeks that it deserves a second week of blog love.

2. Theraflu- I am not going to kid you all and say that Theraflu is not NASTY tasting, but it makes me feel so much better so fast. For that, I love it!

3. Melatonin- My natural remedy for insomnia. All is takes is 4 of those little babies and I am so ready to hit the hay at 7:30pm!

4. Friends and The Simpsons- Those 2 shows have kept me company through every cold, flu and everything in between since I was a kid.

5. A very special shout out goes to Davey Pickle for being my little space heater, makeshift pillow and constant companion. No one likes to be lonely when they are sick and Davey's made sure I always have someone to pet :)

I feel like I am writing my thank you speech for the Oscars. Maybe that melatonin has kicked in and I am fading into delirium faster than I thought I would. Here is a picture of Davey Pickle looking all sweet... Goodnight!

IMG_8722

2 comments

  1. Brianna Phelan on November 25, 2009 at 1:48 PM

    Awwh. I hate being sick :( Look at the sweet little face - it could cheer anyone up.

     
  2. Nicole on November 25, 2009 at 8:08 PM

    You are starting to convince me that I need a humidifier. Hope you get lots of rest over the long weekend! Happy Thanksgiving!