Welcome to Part 3 of my Catalina series, the finale!

Ah, what a beautiful thing vacation is! I highly recommend a pause in life to reflect on where you are and where you would like to go, and to nurture your relationships with those you love.

When I returned home people kept asking me what I did on vacation and I didn't really have any exciting stories to tell, but I had one of the best weeks of my life!

I realized that what made it so great was the relationship I have with this family. Just hanging out on the porch, singing to Christian and John playing guitar, doing crossword puzzles and relaxing at the beach together was exactly what I didn't know I needed.

Now that I am back home I often check the horizon to see if the faint outline of Catalina Island will greet me with warm memories of vacation with the family.

My mission photographically for this trip was to get a great headshot of everyone there, and to capture what we spent most of our time doing. I love these photos because they echo the person that is in them. You can see the joy in Diana's eyes and the patience in Steve's. The sweetness between a mother and her child and the family resemblances between generations. I hope when you see these photos you see the same wonderful people I see when I look at them. And to the Maddock's, I hope that I have done you justice.


Valerie Varvel

Grandma

Steve


Landmark

Diana






Jenny





Avalon






Chris

Sarah




Jackson


















I love this photo of Steve because it is just so STEVE!






John has a great, classic face. Is it 1923 or 2009? John will never tell.

3 comments

  1. Renee on August 13, 2009 at 12:12 PM

    cAmazing pictures!!

     
  2. Renee on August 13, 2009 at 12:13 PM

    Amazing Pictures!

     
  3. Charleen Pestana on August 14, 2009 at 8:24 PM

    GREAT pics, Cole! You're amazing!!!