So... at Bible Study tonight someone asked where I got Nicoracle and I laughed it off saying I am a dork and I like to mix two words into one. I used to always guess things, like someone was pregnant or engaged and I would be right! So I teased my friends that I was a prophet, or some might say an oracle. I never really believed it, but it was fun to claim it!

Thus, the merging of my name (Nicole) and "oracle" became Nicoracle! And it just kind of stuck and when I needed a name for my photography business that was the only thing that came to mind.

So while I was giving my speech on the history of the word Nicoracle my friend excitedly asked me to tell him something about himself! Um, can you say pressure? Plus, I never really thought I knew anything special in the first place, I just guessed and was usually right!

So anyway, I told him that I could see him being a writer. Something about his eyes looks like he belongs in a corduroy blazer with elbow patches, smoking a pipe while studying literature. Well it turns out that he is in the process of writing a book! That is so awesome for him and so creepy that I was right about him being a writer!

So then of course everyone wanted me to say something about them!

I told Natalie that there was something about shoes and she told me that she ordered shoes online yesterday. Then I told Courtney that she will meet her husband when she is studying abroad next semester (we'll see if that one pans out). I told Megan that I could see her being a fashion designer and apparently that is her dream job.

Lastly (and most definitely creepiest is Erin). I told her that there was something going on with her car. I don't know why I thought that but that is just what I thought when I looked at her. Not 10 minutes later someone who had left Bible Study early texted Erin and told her her lights were on in her car! So weird, right??

I just think it is so funny that everything I guessed was true! I am still surprised myself, but that would be awesome if God has given me the gift of prophecy or even just plain strong intuition.

I am tempted to write a mini journal entry to myself about whether I really know what my gifts are and what am I doing with them, but I will spare you any further ramblings and just leave you with one question.

Do you know who you were created to be and are you living your life as close to that person as you can be?

5 comments

  1. Christian and Jenny on August 25, 2009 at 7:23 AM

    I thought I made up nicoracle! No? Ok.

     
  2. Natalie on August 25, 2009 at 6:12 PM

    You need to listen to the rock harbor service from two weeks ago (i think it was two, maybe three weeks - i'll check it out). It was about prophesy and i think you'd like it a lot!

     
  3. Nicole on August 26, 2009 at 4:23 PM

    Alright. I am anxiously awaiting my nicoracle reading tomorrow. :) Prophets don't go to school!

     
  4. Jessica Pressley on August 28, 2009 at 8:12 PM

    It was nice meeting you last night Nicole! Nice blog =)

     
  5. Suzanne Thompson on August 28, 2009 at 11:23 PM

    It was great meeting you last night at the Smug Meeting. Great pictures. I love how you are able to post large pictures in your blog...still figuring out how to do that on my site!