This year I spent Thanksgiving in Fallbrook with my friends turned family, The Maddocks. They own and operate Maddock Nursery and have a beautiful piece of land lined with fruit trees, dusty roads and humble family homes.

I lived with them for about a year after college and I loved waking up every morning and watching the sun rise over the ridge with a cup of tea. Then I would pick fresh blueberries for breakfast shared with some of the most wonderful people on earth! Those were some of my favorite days of my life and Maddock Nursery is one of my favorite places on earth.

I just bought a new camera (insert fireworks, hoots and hollers here), so I took the opportunity on Thanksgiving day to try out the new camera and photograph some of the nursery. I am taking a break from the shoots I have lined up to blog to celebrate and give thanks for this wonderful place. Enjoy...

IMG_4700

IMG_4749-1
This is the view from the house where I lived. Stunning...

IMG_4714

IMG_4722

IMG_4720

IMG_4675

IMG_4686

IMG_4665

IMG_0268

IMG_0239
Grandma's house (where we ate Thanksgiving Dinner) is tucked beneath these oak trees. Most of these trees burned in the wildfires of 2007 and some are just now showing signs of life again.

IMG_0191
Yum!

IMG_0182
Something about this just made me smile!

1 Comment

  1. Renee on November 28, 2009 at 7:44 PM

    Beautiful pictures Nicole. You have to take us out there to meet the family and see this beautiful place for ourselves!