One of the blogs I follow (Promise Tangeman) has begun to make a regular feature of the "10 Things I Love" post. I always enjoy reading her lists, so I have decided to take her lead and make my own version. I cut the list down to 5 because I think that is just a bit more manageable now, plus I can always add a "bonus list" if something really deserves my love! Anchors away...

1. Sondre Lerche's new album Heartbeat Radio. I ran out to Best Buy the day it came out and waited patiently for the sales lady to look in the back for about 15 minutes just to get my hot little hands on this auditory gem. I have been a huge fan of his since I first listened to his album Two Way Monologue over 5 years ago, you might even say I am a SUPER FAN!

Have you ever had an experience with a peice of art where you felt like you found a part of yourself that you didn't know existed before you encountered this masterpiece? That's how I feel about the album Two Way Monologue. Maybe this is something only other music lovers will understand, but there is a piece of my soul that comes alive when I listen to that album, and yes... it sings along!

2. Papasan Chairs! Though everything visually artistic in me rejects the look of these chairs you have to admit they are dang comfy! Especially the one that resides on my porch that I love to inhabit on cold, overcast days, curled up with a book and Davey Pickle on my lap. Pure perfection!

3. Ready Made Magazine. So many hip and eco friendly DIY projects that one issue is enough to satisfy my need to use my hands to create something for months on end. As for the eco friendly thing, I wouldn't quite call myself a tree hugger, but I do think that we need to be good stewards of the earth and I am trying to find ways to live more simply. Do I really need so much stuff? Most likely not, so why not use what I have to create cool stuff for my friends?

4. Excedrin Tension Headache. What a lifesaver!

5. The internet! Inquiring minds want to know and mine is one of the most inquiring. Where do I turn when I am wondering what the lyrics to the Saved by the Bell theme song are or how to make homemade sugar free BBQ sauce? You guessed it- the internet. I am so thankful that I live at a time when anything I am curious about is just a few keystrokes away. In the words of the old CBS "stay in school" message... knowledge is power!

*BONUS*
Bonus love goes to Davey Pickle for being the best dog ever (and for never getting mad when I call him Pickle Love)!

And since every post need a photo... here is a family portrait taken in my roommates convertible!

DSC_2355

2 comments

  1. Nicole on October 20, 2009 at 7:27 AM

    I heart ready made magazine! I also heart the internet. I remember looking things up on my electronic copy of encyclopedia brit. in grade school. Your family picture is adorable! :)

     
  2. Nicoracle Photography on October 20, 2009 at 3:10 PM

    Ah! I totally wanted one of those electronic encyclopedias! I did enjoy our World Book version, though. And I think we had some kind of Disney-only version too where each entry was somehow related to a Disney movie of some sort. Ha ha!