Eric is just about the coolest baby I have ever met. He is just a sweet, squishy, happy, drooling bundle of sunshine and I was incredibly blessed to spend a whole week soaking up the baby love in Catalina with him and his family!

His family, the Maddocks, are the kind of people that dreams are made of. The are generous, kind, warm, accepting, loving... the list could go on and on. In fact, when I graduated from college and had no where to live they took me in and gave me a room. We had met once or twice in passing because their daughter Jenny (Eric's mom) was my college roommate, but really I was a stranger when they invited me to share their home.

Over the nine months that I lived with them they not only became my family, but they were instruments of God's healing in my life. For the first time in my life I felt unconditionally loved... and worthy of that love. I am sure there are ways that their presence in my life has affected me more deeply than I will ever know, but I better stop writing now or else I am going to get all teary-eyed!

This past week I got to hang with them all week in Catalina for family vacation (yeah, I get to go on their vacation too) and these pics of Eric from the week are the first in my "Catalina Series."

Enjoy!
























With Mom!




3 comments

  1. Rhonda on July 29, 2009 at 10:54 PM

    Aw, sweet boy!

     
  2. Paul on July 30, 2009 at 7:57 AM

    Great pictures Nicole.

     
  3. Renee on July 30, 2009 at 11:15 AM

    Great pictures Nicole! He is adorable!!