Can I just say one thing? Davey Pickle ATE a football today. A full on, NFL size football was in pieces when I came home tonight and Davey was ruthlessly shredding the inner lining. If it was possible for me to love that dog any more it happened today. There is something I cherish about watching a dog be a dog.

Chasing birds, wrestling with other dogs, hunting bugs, howling at sirens... while I know that lots of people would be highly annoyed by such unruly behavior, I love it! I love it because he is doing what he was created to do and there are so few instances in this world where you can witness someone so free. Even when he destroys his toys (I am sure that football had it coming anyway)!

On to this weeks edition of 5 Things I Love...

1. The High Llamas- an auditory treat. You can check them out at...

2. www.imeem.com- This is a music streaming website that I love because you can search a song and then listen to it on the spot. Perfect for when you get that song stuck in your head or someone recommends a song or artist. Or you can set it to play "related music" which will give you a playlist created around the song or artist you chose. What can I say, I am a music nerd!

3. Podcasts- I have been listening to them a lot lately. My favorites are The Moth, This American Life, and Biola Chapel. Who knew technology would eventually bring the return of the age of the spoken word?

4. Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in Champagne- This one is for the ladies... minty, smooth and just the right amount of shimmer.

5. Cacti and Succulents- About the only thing in my garden that I can actually keep alive. I love it because it loves me back :)

1 Comment

  1. Nicole on December 1, 2009 at 10:25 PM

    Succulents have been on my mind lately. I think it's because I have seen two weddings where they were used beautifully as decor. Checking out imeem right now! Happy Birthday again!