Hey guys! It's been quite a challenging week! It seems right to spend some time focusing on the things I love:

1. Jerk Ketchup- A couple years ago I went to this great little Caribbean restaurant in Encinitas called Jamroc. They served Jerk Ketchup straight from Jamaica and I have been in love ever since! Sweet, spicy, tomato-y goodness in a bottle.

2. Fall! Apple cider, yellow and orange leaves, cool crisp air and big white clouds in the sky. Those are just a few of the reasons fall is my favorite season!

3. Del Mar dog beach- my absolute favorite beach. It has an inlet thing that makes it half river, half beach which is nice because Davey doesn't like the waves but I LOVE the water. I like to carry him out to the middle of the "river" and then let him swim back to shore. There are also beautiful cliffs, a bridge with lots of pigeons that Davey likes to chase and free parking. Perfect-o!

4. The Moth- This podcast was recommended to me by a college roommate and I love it. I have always loved listening to and telling stories, made up or true. When I was a kid I used to pretend to go to bed and then sneak out to the hallway and lay on the floor and listen to my grandparents tell stories with their friends. Now I get to listen to The Moth. Try it out @ http://www.themoth.org/listen

5. Flip Flops- If you know me at all you know that I have an undying commitment to flip flops. I have literally forgotten how to wear any other type of shoe. When I try to wear shoes "with tops" I get blisters. If I wear tennis shoes I trip. Pumps? Forget about it. My heels are dry and cracked, and you can always hear me coming (or going), but one thing I know is true. I love my flip flops.

3 comments

  1. Nicole on October 27, 2009 at 6:48 AM

    Flip flops are the way to roll! Then I go and choose a profession where I have to wear closed toed shoes?? What was I thinking?? I'm liking the 5 Things I Love series!

     
  2. Jessica Fletcher-Fierro on October 27, 2009 at 9:13 AM

    I love that we are all listening to The Moth! Good list...I might have to do one of these on my blog. Way to focus on the positive!

     
  3. Child of Wonder on October 28, 2009 at 10:42 AM

    Haha, I don't know who posted about the Moth first, but I love that we both declared our love for The Moth the same week! =) Yay Jess, you're such a Maven!